Shady's Back...Tell a Friend!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Maybe a New Favorite Animal?

CaptainAdventure has alerted me to the existence of an animal that I had never heard of and after my introduction to its awesomeness, I thought I should share. The animal in question is the Harpy Eagle. It can have a wingspan of 7 feet and its talons average 5 inches in length (AVERAGE!). Those are some crazy talons. If you are wondering what it uses these death claws for, the answer is, catching monkeys. That is right. This eagle EATS MONKEYS. And sloths. That is a bad ass bird if I have ever heard of one. If I ever saw a 7 foot wide eagle carrying a monkey carcass, I am not sure what I would do, but I think it would involve changing my pants. I thought about talking to Scooter about making the Harpy Eagle the mascot of the GTB, but it turns out it is already the national bird of Panama and I don’t want to seem anti-American.

Also, I’d like to point out that Ann Coulter is often called Queen of the Harpies. Is it a coincidence that Ann Coulter shares her nickname with a monkey-slaying flying beast predator? Me thinks not.

2 Comments:

Blogger scooterlulu said...

C.A. I looked it up. They aren't endangered or anything. So feel free to shoot one and eat it. Imagine the power you would feel eating a monkey-eating eagle with a 7 foot wingspan. Make sure you make some sort of decorative hat out of its feathers. -Lulu

P.S. I only suggest you kill it if it comes after you. If you kill it for no reason, I am 100% positive the other Harpy Eagles will band together and eat your organs while you are still alive. I'm just going on what I know about Harpy Eagles here. I'm a biologist afterall.

11:28 AM

 
Blogger Carrie said...

Well Ann has 5 inch talons on her man hands too so the confusion is understandable.

11:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home