Shady's Back...Tell a Friend!

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Parents Blame MySpace

The parents of 5 teenage girls who were sexually assaulted by people they met through MySpace are suing the popular networking site for "negligence, recklessness, fraud and negligent misrepresentation". The parents claim that MySpace didn't do nearly enough to protect their children (all 14 or 15 year old girls) from online predators. The damages sought in this particular suit have not been disclosed but a similar suit against MySpace back in June asked for compensation for damages in the amount of $30 Million.

I had no idea that it was MySpace's job to make sure young girls didn't go on dates with skanky child molesters they met online. If I had known that MySpace offered free parenting, I would have had a slew of kids a long time ago, set them up in front of the old computer, and headed out to the bars. Then I could sue MySpace for millions when the kids didn't get fed or bathed or were eaten by wild dogs. Then I could live a sweet life.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely blaming the parents. Mostly I blame the child molesters. And Al Gore for inventing the internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home