Shady's Back...Tell a Friend!

Friday, July 14, 2006

I Pity the Fool Who Doesn’t Help the Hurricane Victims!

Mr. T., most famous for his role on The A-Team, telling us not to do drugs, and being incredibly awesome, has decided he will no longer wear his trademark gold jewelry. Mr. T. is shedding his bling as a show of support for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Here’s what he had to say about the costume change:

"As a spiritual man, I felt it would be a sin against my God for me to wear all that gold again because I spent a lot of time with the less fortunate. I saw some, I call it `sorry celebrities.' They'll go down there [to New Orleans] and hook up with the people to take a photo-op. I said, `How disgusting.' If you're not going to go down there with a check and a hammer and a nail to help the people, don't go down there."

Notice how he doesn’t say he’s going to GIVE the gold to the less fortunate, just not rub their faces in his wealth by wearing it while he helps them rebuild their hurricane-ravaged homes and businesses? In the words of my friend Meg who tipped me off to this new development in gold-plated fashion, “I am still trying to understand how Mr T taking off his gold chains will make the less fortunate feel better...”

3 Comments:

Blogger scooterlulu said...

Maybe if he wore some of that magnetic jewelry they sell on late night infomercials instead of all that gold, it would eliminate the aches and pains he has from wearing all that heavy stuff AND the aches and pains he will get from single-handedly rebuilding New Orleans! -Lulu

4:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how busy he could be as he's only going down there with one nail...
I love that picture in the linked article where he is wearing a gold frying pan of some kind around his neck. It's like he knew things were going to be rustic in New Orleans so he packed all of his gold camping supplies around his neck. -Meg

5:35 PM

 
Blogger Fumbles said...

“I pity the fool who has to ask me if I still pity the fool.”
http://cityrag.blogs.com/main/2006/07/mr_t_still_cool.html

10:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home