Shady's Back...Tell a Friend!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Scooter Needs Help


Most of you already know about this, but your good friend Scooter has signed up for the AIDS marathon training program. This training program is a six month endeavor which will prepare me for the 2007 Miami Marathon (lulu, you coming to miami?). More importantly than preparing me for this race, the AIDS Marathon training program is a fundraiser for Whitman-Walker Clinic, the largest HIV/AIDS services provider in the DC Metro area. I have volunteered at Whitman-Walker for 5 years now and I can't overstate how dire their financial needs are.

For many of you, you have already received a letter from me soliciting your help. For those of you that did not, or lost it you can donate money at my online website.

Also, im toying with having a fundraising party and would love to receive feedback on what kinda of succesful things I could do to raise money. Would you pay a 10 dollar charity cover (for beer and food)? 20? would you bid on gift cards to restaurants (for example) in a silent auction?

I know this post is a bit "lamer" than our usual witty banter, but it's important to me and your help and feedback is appreciated.

-Scooter

5 Comments:

Blogger (A Little) Gris Gris said...

Scooter - I live about 40 minutes from downtown Miami. You need a place to stay?

1:08 PM

 
Blogger scooterlulu said...

I support you Scooter and yes I plan to come to Miami.

1:33 PM

 
Blogger scooterlulu said...

gris gris,

The training program gives us a place to stay (well by us, i mean me). Perhaps we could crash at your place and i could give up my hotel spot. Or maybe if we stay longer than friday - sunday. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the offer.

1:38 PM

 
Blogger (A Little) Gris Gris said...

I wonder if Lu will grace me with her presence? I plan to run the 5K the day before the race. And, I would love to come out and cheer you on. KIT (Haven't written that since the last time I signed a high school year book)! Mi casa es su casa.

2:56 PM

 
Blogger Fumbles said...

Someone I know hosted a cocktail party to benefit a charity she worked with. There was a basket near the door and people just dropped what they felt like giving (cash & checks accepted). She did pretty well since people were aware that the purpose was to raise money..and have fun of course.

3:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home