Shady's Back...Tell a Friend!

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Romney to America: Mormon Shmorman!



Today Mitt Romney said that, "A person should not be elected because of his faith, nor should he be rejected because of his faith"

Sounds good. Sounds like Mitt feels that religions shouldn't be a litmus test for presidential office. Go Mitt Go!

But wait just a second. A short while ago Romney was asked if he'd be willing to appoint a Muslim to his cabinet if elected. His response:
" . . . based on the numbers of American Muslims [as a percentage of] our population, I cannot see that a Cabinet position would be justified. But of course, I would imagine that Muslims could serve at lower levels of my administration."

So religion shouldn't be a litmus test for president but it should for cabinet positions. Makes perfect sense to me Mitt.

Also, not to get hung up on a technicality but Muslims claim 7 million adherents in the U.S. compared to the 5.5 million adherents claimed by LDS.

1 Comments:

Blogger (A Little) Gris Gris said...

Par for the course, right? Don't discriminate against me, or people like me. Everyone else can fend for themselves.

8:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home