Shady's Back...Tell a Friend!

Monday, June 19, 2006

You're Not That Important


Nobody cares what you have to say. Your conversation bores us. No, your conversation enrages us. Did I even ask you what you were doing tonight? Or what you had for dinner last night?

Oh wait, don't go to another website. Come back......I'm not talking to YOU. Clearly if you're at the GTB (that's the Good Times Blog) I do care what you have to say.

I'm talking about the obnoxious guy sitting next to me in panera, ruining my Pick Two pepperblue steak and french onion soup combo. I mean seriously, how am I supposed to enjoy this delish sandwich (which appears to be a nutritious lunch but in actuality is worse than a big mac combo meal). Why is he ruining my lunch you ask? Because he's a nextel subscriber. So you have to talk on your phone during lunch? Fair enough. But for the love of God, the 20 or so of us in your immediate surrounding don't need to hear your whole conversation. Oh and not to mention that unneccesarily loud "walkie talkie" BEEP between each speaking turn:

Guy on other side of phone conversation: "So what do you wan't me to do about it?"
BEEP
Annoying Nextel Subsriber: "Well as long as you can guarantee a good job, I don't need you to put it in writing"
BEEP

Oh and in case you were wondering, the conversation was about new kitchen cabinets. My lunch was ruined over kitchen cabinets! Oh, and also, my vacation was fantastic. Super relaxing. Can't you tell?

-Scooter

2 Comments:

Blogger (A Little) Gris Gris said...

No, no. That's not how the convo goes. It's more like this:

Nextel Norm: Blah, blah, blah.
BEEP
Nextel Nelly: What?
BEEP
Nextel Norm: Blah, blah, blah.
BEEP
Nextel Nelly: What?
BEEP
Nextel Norm: Blah, blah, blah.
BEEP
Nextel Nelly: What?
BEEP

In sum, I share your views.
:) Amanda

8:02 AM

 
Blogger scooterlulu said...

Nextel Norm and Nelly....brilliant.
-scooter

11:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home