Shady's Back...Tell a Friend!

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's an Illegally Transported Nuclear Warhead

The US Air Force accidentally flew six nuclear warheads from North Dakota to Louisiana last Thursday unbeknownst to anyone on the B-52 bomber that was carrying the weapons. The mistake prompted an internal investigation into the handling of nuclear weapons by the US Military. Since the Cold War, the US has been obligated under treaty to NOT transport nuclear weapons by air.

So it doesn't sound like a big deal, but it turns out this is a huge SNAFU. I guess I should have realized that, you know since sometimes we execute leaders of countries that we think MIGHT have these types of weapons. Good thing we are the US and can be all willy nilly with our nukes. Imagine how internationally screwed we'd be if we were North Korea! Phew! Being hypocritical feels pretty ok when we do something stupid like this!

*Thanks to Gris Gris for the tip!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger (A Little) Gris Gris said...

Maybe Sadaam had nukes. If we can't seem to find them on our own bombers, how the hell can we be expected to find them in Iraq?

7:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sarcasm ... i get it...you really hate america huh? wow

10:37 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love America, which means I especially don't want any nuclear weapons (ours or anyone else's) to crash into it.

12:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't hate America. I actually love America. And I love our military. I do however have a problem with how our government treats the rest of the world.

Why is the first comeback always "you leftist communists hate America!"? Not true. We are just disappointed with the actions of a few select Americans in the last few years.

You can't be disappointed in something you hate.

1:10 PM

 
Blogger (A Little) Gris Gris said...

Oh no anon. I love the United States so much that I get extremely frustrated when I watch us experiencing such trying times without adequate leadership to see us through. Don't mistake intelligent sarcastic humor about government and politics for hatred of the country. That seems awfully small minded to me.

9:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home