Shady's Back...Tell a Friend!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Yes Virginia there is an Indian…Er, American

This story is too good not to share. Senator George Allen (R-Virginia) has been at home campaigning for reelection and his opponent Jim Webb (D) has sent a staffer to follow Allen’s campaign with a video camera. That staffer is UVA Senior, S.R. Sidarth. At a recent campaign appearance, Sidarth found himself the center of attention as Allen worked him into his speech. Here’s what Senator Allen had to say:

"This fellow here over here with the yellow shirt, Macaca, or whatever his name is. He's with my opponent. He's following us around everywhere. And it's just great…Lets give a welcome to Macaca, here. Welcome to
America and the real world of Virginia."

Sidarth was understandably confused and angered by the shout out because, while he is of Indian descent, he was born and raised in
Fairfax, VA and last time I checked, that makes him an American. That is until my campaign to chop Virginia off of America and send it out into the ocean succeeds.*

In a page from the “Classic Political Strategy Playbook” the Webb campaign is asking the Allen campaign what Allen meant by this remark and demanding an apology. The Allen campaigning is countering with random accusations of anti-Semitism? Politics at its best people.

*To Captain Adventure, D, and any other Virginians I like, but may have forgotten…I will wait until you seek asylum in a blue state before I carry out my plan.

3 Comments:

Blogger (A Little) Gris Gris said...

Rather than cutting VA off completely, why can't we just turn them blue? There are a few places in VA that I like. And, they sell booze in the grocery store. I understand completely if you don't consider me the voice of reason, though. I LOVE that big ole' red (they'd tell you it's crimson, but that's a whole other issue) state of Alabama.

7:19 PM

 
Blogger The Pink Totebag said...

Oh no he di-int! See, that's why I LOVE people like George Allen. They make themselves sound SO ignorant, which provides much laughter and entertainment for people like us. Where did he come up with "Macaca," btw? As for gris-gris' comment, I have to agree that there are some redeemable qualities about VA. Like good outlets and a really nice Crate and Barrel in Tysons. Not that I could ever be persuaded to live there (being from MD, crossing "the" river is such a faux pas), but I do have to say that I have a few (read: 5 or so) blue friends there who are quietly trying to change the demographics a bit...

10:07 AM

 
Blogger (A Little) Gris Gris said...

Interestingly enough, Scooter and LuLu have scooped NPR again. They're talking about this incident on the Political Junkie today. The question of the segment: "What's a Macaca?" Apparently, Allen has since apologized. Whatever. Allen appears to still be a ridiculous fool.

Oh, and in other news: Jimmy Carter's son Jack won his Nevada primary.

2:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home