Shady's Back...Tell a Friend!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

This Peanut Butter Tastes Like...Ick

Salmonella contaminated peanut butter has infected about 300 people in 39 states during the last month. While scary, Salmonella doesn't usually kill people so I don't think this recent scare will slow our own consumption, but we feel it is our duty to inform our readers. If your kitchen cabinet currently contains Peter Pan Peanut Butter (or Wal-mart's "Great Value" brand, which I hesitate to even mention because if you have peanut butter from Wal-mart, you probably wouldn't be reading the GTB), throw it out. We don't have enough readers to risk any of you ending up in the hospital without internet for even a few days.

In other news, while researching this little announcement, I stumbled upon an article on this topic that was accompanied by the photo to the right. Perhaps people are getting sick because they are eating peanut butter from 1982.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just never know what hidden dangers lurk. Here I've been fearing aflatoxin poisoning from the inclusion of moldy peanuts, when this whole time I should have been worrying about cow dung in my PB&J. Thank for setting me straight Scooter and Lulu.

10:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scatological considerations aside, I sure do like PBJ.

11:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, everyone knows that Jiff Extra Crunchy is where it's at. So I say these people got what was coming to them.

I do hope that this did not affect Bob Dole's peanut butter, though.

12:33 PM

 
Blogger (A Little) Gris Gris said...

Sweet justice, I say. You shop at Wally World, you die of salmonella poisoning. Or, maybe you don't die. But, your belly aches...a lot.

12:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking as someone who has had salmonella, your stomach does not hurt. That's because it is empty real fast.

I know that one time got it from a hot dog stand called "The Sausage King" in Boston. Those damn things sure did smell good while they were cooking though

1:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home