Shady's Back...Tell a Friend!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sie Werden Entleert: That's German for We're Breaking Up

As you have probably learned from reading this blog, Germans are better at everything. This includes break-ups! In the always stunningly efficient Germany, you can hire somebody to dump your significant other. For just 50 euros (that is $68 US...today), Bernd Dressler, an economist by trade (multitasking! So classically German! I love it!), will pay a visit to your partner and let them know it is over. No tears, no messy public displays, just a clean break. Most of the break-ups take under 3 minutes! If you would prefer to do the deed yourself, Dressler offers break-up coaching to help you muddle through the sticky situation of telling someone you never want to see them again.

A lot of things that the Germans do would never fly in America because we hate efficiency, but I have a feeling that this might catch on. Who wouldn't pay $68 to avoid getting thrown out of a moving car or hit in the head with a pint glass? Maybe I'm dating the wrong people.

P.S. This is post #201.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that guy stole the idea from Shannon Doherty. Didn't she have some terrible show about dumping people? Maybe the stealing is yet another example of German efficiency. He didn't even have to think of his own evil genius plan.

3:13 PM

 
Blogger scooterlulu said...

Click on tag for "German Efficiency", see story titled "I puffy heart german robbers". They are efficient at stealing too! -lulu

3:17 PM

 
Blogger AJ mom said...

Lulu, you are right! In fact, I bet that the German guy saw the show and was appalled at how INefficient it was and decided he had to show the world how it should be done. This should be advertised as a companion to web-based dating sites.

3:51 PM

 
Blogger (A Little) Gris Gris said...

Will he volunteer to go on bad dates for you, too? I mean, I'm more than willing to do the fun ones (or I would be if I wasn't married), but when they get painful, I'd like to think there's an "easy button" that, when pressed, makes a German man appear to take your place.

8:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home